For the second time at Outdoor Retailer, Range Magazine offered a design competition called, "Radical by Design - Seal of Approval". The entry closed about a week before the start of the summer show, but the sample I wanted to enter would not be finished by then. After considering I had nothing to lose, I instead entered an illustration of the raincoat I call The Midi Urban Trench. Here's the artwork I sent them:
Needless to say, and much to my surprise, FELLER, along with other super rad outdoor designs, was honored to have won their approval:
Here's the final product hanging in my booth, made just in the nick of time for the show, thanks to my amazing sample maker!
And here's a full list of the winners:
RADICAL BY DESIGN WINNERS:
- Cedar Ravine – All Adventure Fanny Pack
- Full Windsor – The Muncher
- Mountain Designs – Seawool Check Long Sleeve Shirt
- Bambu Outdoor – Spoontula
- Cotopaxi – Teca Windbreaker
- Park Project – National Parks Comic Book
- Topo Designs – Stack Pack
- Indosole, LLC – Women’s Essential Sandal
- Flowfold – Denizen 18L & 14L Tote Backpacks
- Duer – Performance Denim & No Sweat Pant
- Revel Gear – Compression Bag Hammock with infused Organic Bug Repellent
- Bramble Outdoor – Camp Towel
- Corcickle – Canteen
- Rumpl – The Original Puffy Poncho
- Feller – Midi Urban Trench
- Coalatree – Technical Pants
- Shwood – Kennedy Riding Glasses
It was a great start to a great show. I met with many new retailers interested in bringing FELLER into their stores as well as some really inspiring people who can teach me more about the outdoor industry.
Back to work! More updates soon.